Operator Safety Information
Productivity and safety have always been on the minds of equipment owners, especially when new operators are on the job. GAR is pleased to offer a number of comprehensive and consistent operator training courses. The courses review the step-by-step basics of aerial platform, aerial boom and forklift. Hands on training with the best instructional materials are supplied to make certain your employees are trained, certified and prepared to work in a safe environment.
Why should you invest time, expense and resources to train your employees ?
- Protect your greatest asset
- Training is required by law- The Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and the American National Standards institute (ANSI) require all lift operators be trained.
- Reduce product, material and job site damages
- Reduce downtime
- Reduce accidents and injuries
- Reduce insurance cost & premiums
Why select GAR Equipment to train your employees?
- Experienced - GAR Equipment has been providing equipment and support services in the Northeast for over 25 years.
- Knowledgeable & experienced training staff - Our training department has trained thousands of operators and maintains an accident free record.
- Flexible schedules and multiple training options - We can train at our facilities, your facility or on the job site.
- Unmatched value - Our training programs are cost effective and represent the highest level of documentation and quality.
This 4 hour course covers lift truck basics, pre operational inspection, handling procedures, load handling, stability, fueling procedures and battery/charger use. Industrial forklifts also require site specific and application specific safety training. Each student will receive classroom instruction (video and lecture), safety test and actual hands-on operation with an evaluation. Upon successful completion of this course each student will be qualified to operate a Industrial (sit-down) Forklift, receive a course handbook, various hand-outs and a certificate of completion with operators card.
Aerial Work Platforms:
This 4 hour course covers all aerial equipment applications, the three sections can be reviewed as a whole or customized into singular modules, depending on your specific requirements. The course will include effective instruction on basic operator safety including fall protection (body harness), operation, inspection and equipment characteristics in accordance with applicable OSHA regulations and equipment manufacturers' guidance. Each student will receive classroom instruction (video and lecture), safety test and actual hands-on operation with an evaluation. Upon successful completion of this course each student will be qualified to operate aerial platforms, aerial scissor and aerial boom equipment , receive a course handbook and a certificate of completion with operators card.
Why select GAR equipment to train your employees?
- Our training staff is authorized to perform all manufacturers we represent, "Train the Trainer" programs.
- Our Director of Training has been a representative to the ANSI A92 main committee for The American Rental Association for the past 5 years.
- Active ANSI sub committee member:
- A92.3 Manually propelled lifts
- A92.5 Boom supported lifts
- A92.6 Self propelled lifts
- A92.8 Underbridge access machines.
OTHER TRAINING AVAILABLE
GAR Equipment's training group can tailor an OSHA approved training course to the needs of your company.
OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety Course
This fast-paced course introduces you to OSHA construction safety standards and policies. Designed to be quick but thorough, this class is the most popular safety training class in the business. Company owners, project managers, foremen and laborers, all enjoy and understand the material presented. Attendees will learn how to use the OSHA 1926 construction manual and standards associated with the most applicable subparts including fall protection, scaffolds, PPE, electrical and much more. All attendees will receive an authorized OSHA wallet card.
OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Course
This course is a great course for construction management, safety directors, supervisors and all safety conscious contractors. This 30-hour program covers many different facets of "job-site" construction safety. Attendees will learn OSHA operating procedures, haz/com, trench & excavation, fall protection, scaffolding, and many other applicable standards. Fully recognized by OSHA, this class uses a variety of state-of-the-art learning techniques including PowerPoint, video, overheads and web-based media. All attendees will learn how to use the OSHA 1926 construction manual. "Hands-on" demonstrations and group projects are also part of the class experience. All attendees will receive an authorized OSHA wallet card.
Our qualified trainers have created flexible training schedules and courses to accommodate your work schedules.